Acer Extensa 215-51 Build process
Posted by Sameer Shrestha, Last modified by Matt Curtis on 04 May 2020 10:41 AM
Acer Laptop Build Process|
- Windows 10 1903 must be installed on the server for building with. Old versions of Windows 10 will not work with current acer drivers v1703 will not build from here on, and will stop half way through the build trying to inject drivers.
- before wiping the laptop you need to use "Double Driver" to extract ALL Drivers (already done April 2020 at Guston and also done at Minster)
- once extracted these need to be put into MDT under "out of box drivers" Create a folder, and import the drivers
- On MDT Share right click and "update delopyment share"
This then has all the acer drivers ready for a successful build.
- go into the Acer Bios and create a BIOS supervisor password, then once done, turn secure boot mode off.
- then, F12 as usual and PXE Boot
- Build as usual, but DO NOT press Finish at the end or move the device in BCX. At the finish prompt go into Control Panel > Programs > install .net framework 2/3 by checking the box and it will install. Once this is completed you can click finish, and then move the device in BCX to the correct location. After a reboot it will install BCX Client as usual and packages.