Office 365: Apple Mail - adding a new email account
Posted by Admin User on 30 April 2015 08:45 AM
Aim: Add the hosted email service account to Apple Mail.
1. Click the Apple logo located top left of the screen in the menu bar
2. Click System Preferences
3. Select Internet Accounts (or Mail, Contacts & Calenders in older versions of OSX)
4. Select Exchange from the list
5. Enter your name in the Name box, full emaila address in the Email Address box and password in the Password box then click the Continue button
6. If you are shown a certificate error click Continue - OSX will sometimes fail to find the server details automatically.
7. If prompted enter account settings (otherwise skip this step) - these should be:
Description: Becket Chambers Hosted Email (or other appropraite label)
User Name: Your full email address i.e. email@example.com
Password: Your password
Server Address: outlook.office365.com
Click the Continue button
8. Click Continue if prompted
9. Selec the services you would like to sync with your Macbook (Email, calendar, notes, etc) and click the Add Account button.
The account is now set up - your email should appear in the Apple Mail app.