Configure hosted Office 365 email - Outlook
Posted by , Last modified by on 10 December 2014 09:12 AM
Aim: Set up the hosted email service in Microsoft Outlook
1. Close Microsoft Outlook.
2. Open Control Panel from the Start Menu.
3. Type 'mail' in to the search box in the top left.
4. Click 'Mail (Microsoft Outlook...).
5. Click the 'Show Profiles' button.
6. Click the 'Add' button.
7. Enter the Profile Name, '<company name> Hosted Email' - for example 'Becket Chambers Hosted Email' and click 'OK'.
8. Enter your name as you'd like it to appear on outgoing emails, your email address and password then click 'Next'.
9. You may be prompted to enter your password again. Please do so and tick the 'Remember my credentials' box and click 'OK'.
10. All being well you will recieve a 'Congratulations' message - click 'Finish'.
11. Make this your default email account by clicking 'Always use this profile' and selecting the new profile from the drop down list. When finished, click 'OK' and open Microsoft Outlook to begin the initial mailbox sync.